Thank you dear Amira for having nominated me for the “Mystery Blogger Award”.
Amira’s blog Bodyandsoulnourishmentblog is an amazing collection of inspirational poems, quotes and stories that provide nourishment for the body and soul! If you have not seen this blog, please be sure to take a look!
WHAT IS MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
The “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
RULES REGARDING THIS AWARD:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
THREE THINGS ABOUT MYSELF:
- I am a night owl – my mind functions much more clearly at night.
- I have traveled the world and love the diversity of cultures and people.
- Honesty, kindness and respect are qualities I consider most important.
MY ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS FROM AMIRA:
- If you had the power to change anything in the world in the blink of an eye, what would you do? I would eliminate the need for competition. I believe competition is the justification for all inequity and suffering in the world – it creates a belief that some are more entitled or more worthy than others, and that everything in life is separate from everything else so that no one bears responsibility for the good of the whole.
- What’s your favorite inspirational/motivational book, movie, or poem?This one is tough…I don’t think I can come up with a favorite, because so many books and movies have touched me over the years for different reasons, depending on where I might have been at a certain stage in life. So I am probably forgetting a lot of really great movies and books at the moment, but, one movie does come to mind because it always stayed with me. It was the movie from New Zealand called “Whale Rider”. It touched me deeply because it held a message regarding “destiny” – believing in yourself, seeing the love beneath the pain in others, looking for signs and meaning in events occurring around you, and being careful not to simply allow “tradition” to become a barrier to what needs to be expressed and fulfilled. A really inspirational movie!
- If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?I would advise my younger self to really listen to and learn from the personal experiences of my parents and grandparents. Their perspectives, which developed within them during the unique window of time they spent on earth, disappear with them when they leave the earth, and we can never get that back. There is wisdom there that we don’t appreciate when we are younger, and we long for it when we are older.
- If you could be an animal or a flower for a day, which one would you choose to be and why?I would choose to be a cat, because I just love everything about them! They are independent, observant, peaceful, flexible, playful and young-at-heart! They can be both loving and have an attitude! And no matter what they do, their interaction with anyone almost always produces a smile!
- What would your best friend tell me about you?I think my best friend would say that there is much more beneath the surface than is shared, and that I am definitely, without a doubt, a true introvert!
I AM HONORED TO NOMINATE THE FOLLOWING FOR THIS AWARD:
(Note: Participation is entirely voluntary – it is completely your choice! 😊)
- Meditations in Motion
- Plants and Beyond
- Didis Art Design
- Fingers to the Sky
- In a Love World
- Eclipsed Words
- Meditation Ephemera
- Inspire Someone Today
5 QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
- What did you spend your time thinking about as a child?
- Can you describe something someone did or said at any point in your life, that had the effect of changing or impacting your life?
- What quality do you admire most in others and why?
- Is there a place you have visited that you would encourage others to visit, as well, and why?
- When you look at the universe, what do you see?
A SHARED LINK TO MY BEST POST:
I have not been blogging for very long, so I selected the post that has received the most “likes”, so far.
Thank you, again, Amira, and my thanks to all the blogger nominees for your enjoyable and inspirational blog sites!